If you’re passionate about your work, want to innovate, love solving complex problems and want to work in an exciting and unique environment that will keep you on the cutting edge – this is your ticket.
We are looking for a Web Systems Engineer to help us maintain and improve our backend systems here in our Chicago office. This individual must love complex problems, numbers, intense amounts of data, and putting order to it all.
- Closely monitoring game servers to ensure stability and uptime
- Monitoring data usage and preemptively plan for capacity growth and performance tuning
- Acting swiftly to troubleshoot and correct any issues that arise
- Working with our production and pre-production web server environments
- Administering current server systems and working towards improving reliability and maximizing API response time
- Designing and implementing systems capable of handling tens of thousands of daily active users
- Helping to automate routine tasks (building/testing/deploying software)
Qualities you must have:
- Comfortable with Linux server environments
- Strong database skills (NoSQL specifically CouchDB, Redis)
- Comfortable with RESTful API systems
- System network administration (linux iptables, load balancers – haproxy, libvirt/kvm)
- Solid knowledge of software design (OO and/or FP)
Experience that would make you stand out:
- Newer web technologies (HTML5 – Canvas, WebSockets, WebGL, etc)
- Experience with client/server applications
- Social networking integration on the web (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Mobile development (iOS and Android) especially PhoneGap
Please email Resume and Cover letter to THIS email.